The Office of the Vice Provost of Teaching and Learning is pleased to announce the new UCI Educational Innovation Mini Grant Program.
UCI Educational Innovation Mini Grants (EIMG) provide funds (up to $4,000) for small-scale, pilot projects to explore innovative modes of instruction which have the potential to positively impact student success.
The EIMG program especially welcomes multi-disciplinary or team-taught projects, projects that involve large lecture classes, classes that have multiple sections, and/or classes that are heavily subscribed. The EIMG program particularly encourages projects that respond to changes in education: for instance, projects that:
- address campus diversity including growing populations of first generation, underrepresented minority or international students,
- incorporate emerging educational technologies,
- involve service learning and civic engagement,
- encourage study groups,
- promote active learning and engagement,
- focus on critical reasoning or writing skills, or
- seek to improve classroom assessment.
For more information about this funding opportunity and application instructions, please view the following: EIMG_RFP .
The first round of applications are due on Monday, March 14th, 2016. After that date, applications are accepted on a rolling basis until funding is expended.